PEP seeks to:
- Promote and support the psychological well-being of GMU diverse student population.
- Proactively address the cultural issues which may affect a student’s transition into and matriculation through college.
- Increase cultural sensitivity and facilitate understanding and celebration of the university as a multicultural community.
- Provide a supportive, open space where students can gain knowledge, challenge each other, and exchange ideas.
- Refer students to appropriate campus resources.
- Increase student commitment to the college experience through participation in campus and community activities.
- Help students achieve academic success.